Contact paper is the most versatile decorative paper. It can be used on any flat surface, for protection as well as decoration. Most of the latest contact papers available in the market, are made of vinyl and belong to the Adhesive Contact Paper category. They can be applied directly to the desired surface without the additional requirement of a sticking agent. They have a decorative surface on one side and a highly adhesive material on the other side.
Contact papers are the easiest to apply. Their easy-to-peel liner and adhesive material allow for repositioning during installation. You can easily cut it to size with scissors for custom applications depending on your requirement. Easy availability, as well as easier application method, has transcended the contact papers from being a utility object to becoming an outlet for the creativity of a lot of people.
Although contact paper is the most sought after paper, it is advisable to follow a few tips to have a smoother experience. If you are applying it yourself for the first time, make sure to clean the surface with alcohol initially. Use a smoothing tool or credit card is helpful to remove bubbles as you press it on the desired surface. Last but not least is to cut off the excess contact paper as close to the edge as possible.
Apart from these easy application steps, there are a few things which you must keep in mind while using contact paper. They are as listed below…
- The contact paper is usually made of PVC vinyl. It is not made of food-grade quality. Hence ensure that food does not come in direct contact with it, lining cake boards with contact paper is not advisable.
- The contact paper must be used in the kitchen with caution. Although it is temperature-resistant, you just need to be a bit careful to use a trivet while placing hot dishes on it.
- The contact paper is waterproof. But when you apply it for Kitchen backsplashes and bathroom backsplashes, make sure that if you seal it completely so as to avoid water from damaging it.
- Some low-end contact papers use inferior glue. Roaches are attracted to eat this glue and use the area between the paper and the shelf to breed. So for kitchen cabinets and shelf liners always use the best contact paper.
- Removing contact paper can be messy if you do not follow the correct guidelines. Using a hairdryer over the contact paper to warm the adhesive makes the process easy.
Following all these instructions you will undoubtedly enjoy your experience with the decorative contact paper.
If you are looking for a reliable contact paper supplier then contact Print My Space http://printmyspace.com/ With quick shipping options across the globe Print My Space can help you create a combination and custom themes that combine walls, posters, doors and windows, and the possibilities are virtual as limitless and endless as your creativity and imagination.